Monday, June 14, 2010

West Trip - Day 1: Departure

Monday, June 14, 2010
Our day began at 7:00 as Jen and I finished packing the van and hooked up the camper. The kids got up and had breakfast as Jen and I got a shower. We gathered last minute things and reviewed our checklist to be sure we had the essntials. After taking a picture to mark our departure, we managed to pull away at 8:40. As we pulled around the block, Jen asked me if I had put the recycling bin back in the garage, which of course I hadn't. I asked if she'd checked to be sure all of the doors were locked, which she hadn't. So we circled around the block back to our house. New departure time, 8:48.

We arrived at Jim and Grace's in Davenport, IA at 3:45. Grace suggested for us to go to America's Incredible Pizza for dinner. It was a great choice. This place was awesome for the kids. It had a huge buffet, an indoor putt-putt course, bumper cars, laser tag, and video games. The kids loved all of the food choices and had a great time playing air hockey, bowling, ski ball and laser tag. It was a great start to the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment