Saturday, June 12, 2010

Trip west summer 1988


The summer of 1988, before my junior year of high school my dad had planned a road trip out west. In true National Lampoon's Family Vacation style, my dad had planned a drive through Wisconsin, South Dakota, and Wyoming. In reflecting back on this trip, I decided to look through some of my old pictures and found this awesome picture. I remember taking this picture very well. We were driving through the curving highways that take you through the Teton Mountains. Every so often there would be a pull off area to take a picture of the amazing scenery or cool your vehicle's brakes. With no civilization in sight, my dad decided to use one of the pull offs for a pee break. As he did, I popped out of the side of the van and said, "Hey, Dad!" just before snapping this shot. When we had it developed I was so excited to see that I had captured my dad's grin in mid stream and that it was perfectly angled to be only G-rated.


No comments:

Post a Comment